When I think of glamour the first images that pop into my head is feather boas, fur coats and so many diamonds and pearls that you feel amazingly rich.
I especially love the look of old Hollywood glamour, think red lips and luscious mink looking lashes. mmm. I wanted to embody this image in this weeks look :)!!
I got out my treasured Chanel pearls for this look, which I got for my 21st birthday from my friends :)!! Treasure, treasure, but so lame it’s like almost $1,000 for fake pearls…but it’s Chanel so I’ll let it slide…!
This week was sponsored by SASA, and this is a great place to get Japanese cosmetics!! I was so impressed and I’ll do a little review on the products as I use them 🙂
|Kiss Me Heroine Make Essence BB Cream $19.90
Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder $23.90
Red Earth Eye Wonder Mineral Infused Primer $18.00
SASAtinnie Sparkling Pearl Eyes 02 Gold
SASAtinnie Sparkling Pearl Eyes 04 Red Black
DASODA Liquid Eyeliner Deep Black $19.90
DASODA MG series Instant Ultra Charging Volume Mascara $25.90
Star Lash Duchess False Lashes $8.90
SANA NewBorn W Brow EX $23.90
Loreal Shine Caresse Juliette 702 $18.90
Loreal Shine Caresse Eve 605 $18.90
Cyber Colours Duo Blushwear 01 Peachy Pearl $13.90
Step 1: Apply BB cream and powder
Old Hollywood glamour requires silky smooth skin as a canvas for your eyes and lips to pop.
- Apply BB cream using your fingers and then bluff it out with a big round brush
- Lightly finish off with light strokes of powder. Dab it on lightly and build
Kiss Me Heroine Make Essence BB Cream
I really loved the Kiss Me Heroine Make BB Cream. The colour is quite light and it’s easily blendable. Just note that this make up may not be suitable for someone with dry and patchy skin since the light colour really shows it. Make sure you moisturise your skin well before using this bb cream.
Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder
This powder is so smooth and nice. It’s quite light and really smooths your skin. Make sure you wait for your BB cream to dry then tap it lightly by pushing the product into your skin. Don’t try and rub it, or you might make a bit of a patchy mess.
Step 2: Eyeshadow
Smokey eyes give a sexy allure needed for a Hollywood starlet 😉
- Apply a eyeshadow primer base so that your eyeshadow lasts longer and the colour is more vibrant
- Apply the gold shimmery colour to the inner half of your eyelid. Follow your eyeball line
- Use a brush and the plum colour and following your eyeball shape, slowly tap the colour from the ends of your eyes to the front. As you go over the gold, make sure you apply lighter colours towards the center. You want to JUST cover the gold but you still want to see the gold shine through.
- You can use heavier colour on the ends and crease as well.
Red Earth Eye Wonder Mineral Infused Eye Primer
When I first rubbed my finger in the product the first thing I noticed was that it was so SOFT!! It just felt like it melted into my fingers like warm chocolate and then applied so smoothly. I highly recommend this as it feels very soft on the skin.
SASAtinnie Eyeshadow in Gold and Red Black
These eye shadows are so value for money, and the colour payoff is quite good. The gold sparkles had a film on it so when you first use it you need to rub in a bit harder and then the colour comes out. The gold had large pieces of glitter that is pretty noticeable. The Red Black had quite a strong colour payoff and was very fine and buildable.
Step 3: Line and lash
I love the cat eye for bolder looks, it adds a womanly confidence. Big bold lashes also give your glamour points an extra boost.
- Follow the round curve of your bottom eye and draw a line up using that angle, extend about 1cm
- draw a line from the middle of your top lash line and join the bottom line
- Fill in your outline and also line the inner corner and top of your eye. Also line the bottom half of your eyes.
- Apply mascara, concentrating on your bottom lashes
- Stick on your falsies
DASODA Liquid Eyeliner Deep Black
Nice eyeliner, and very up there with all the other Japanese pen liners. The tip was a great thickness not to thick and not too thin. This is not as dark as a pure liquid liner, but still very pigmented.
DASODA MG Series Instant Ultra Charging Volume Mascara
I have to say out of every product I used for this look, this was my favourite!! It was amazing how quickly this mascara and how thick and long it made your lashes look. No clumpiness either!! Perfect!!
Star Lash Duchess False Lashes
I just have to say these lashes are just WOW. They are 2 layers of lashes stuck together to make one. You can see 2 lash bands too so these are some crazy lashes. They may feel a bit stiff and heavy though because there is just so much lashes! But the glue that comes with it is damn sturdy!! Maybe even more then DUO glue – they stuck pretty well and didn’t budge.
Step 4: Fill your brows
A beautiful arched brow is an elegant way to frame the face.
- draw an arch from 3/4 of the way of your eyebrows. I used a sharp line up and down.
- This give you a more confident and strong image which goes will with the glam look.
- Use the other end of the pencil which is a powder sponge to fill in your brows
SANA Newborn W Brow EX
I seriously love this eyepencil, it is pencil and powder in one!! SOOO smart Japanese cosmetic companies. The quality of both is very good, the powder covered my dark hairs very well and made them much lighter! Yay good because I forgot to bleach my brows.
Step 5: Oh those lips
Old Hollywood glamour calls for a bold red lip, but I thought I’d give this a bit of a twist and create a ombre lip look.
- Great way to achieve ombre lips is to start with a darker colour in the inside of your lips
- Use a lighter shade on the outside and blend it together
LOREAL Shine Caresse in Juliette and Eve
This is more of a lip tint / lip stain product then a lipstick but it was perfect for the ombre look. You can build the colour using extra colours and I ended up with a very bold lip that didn’t smear everywhere. Once it’s dry it doesn’t really transfer as much as normal lipstick which is perfect for a darker red lip look. Can ALMOST kiss the boyfriend without him looking strange after haha.
Step 6: Cheeks and highlights
To give you a dramatic face structure, highlighting and contouring is one of the most important steps. A orange based colour is also more mature. Avoid pinks if possible. You can refer to my cheek tutorial for more information 🙂
- Use the peach colour and apply it to the apples of your cheeks
- Use the white colour to highlight your cheekbones, nose bridge and forehead
- Use a contour colour and contour your cheeks, temples and nose
Cyber Colors Duo Blush Wear Peachy Pearl
This is a versatile cheek colour to use and the colour pay off is quite light but you can build it :). The highlighting colour is really nice and I used it for my browbone too 🙂
Seriously the power of makeup right? I look so different almost didn’t recognise myself! I actually really enjoyed the red lips made me feel more confident :)!! I guess it’s a psychological thing!!
If you enjoyed this look please don’t forget to vote for me on instagram. All you need to do is go to the @tampines1 account and like my photos :)!! Follow me @misswen for updates!!
Thank you so much for staying with me till the end I know this is a long tutorial 🙂 I tried to condense it as much as possible so