I love tofu :)! Especially chilli tofu! Ma Po tofu or grandma tofu is a popular chinese dish that has also inspired similar dishes in Japan and Korea too. Today I’m putting a korean twist on the this traditional healthy chilli tofu dish.
Lets get started!
- Tofu, I prefer the silky softer type
- A clove of garlic
- Cooked shredded chicken, or you can use pork mince or turkey mince
- Your choice of veggies, I used:
- Frozen mix of Corn, peas and carrots
- Enocchi Mushrooms
- Chicken stock
- Korean Chilli Paste
- Soy sauce and mirin to season
Step 1 – Prepare your ingredients
Chop up your garlic clove into small pieces.
Cut up your tofu into pieces too and put this aside. Also mix your corn flour with some cold water.
Step 2 – Cook your ingredients
- Heat up your frypan and add a bit of oil on the bottom.
- Add your garlic and brown it slightly.
- Now add in your chicken or mince and frozen veggies then stir fry for a few minutes.
- Now add your chicken stock in and then sprinkle your enoki mushrooms in your fry pan.
- Add your tofu in carefully on top. Be careful as tofu breaks apart easily, so use a round plastic ladle or spatula. Now cut up your tofu into bite sized pieces if necessary. I added some more stock to cover the ingredients.
- You can use soyasauce and mirin to season. Soya sauce makes it more salty and mirin makes the sauce a bit sweeter. Use these seasoning sparingly.
- Simmer this for a few minutes and then add a tablespoon of korean chilli paste. Stir this through well for a few more minutes.
- Add your cornflour and water mix just before you turn off the heat and stir it through to thicken the sauce. Make sure your cornflour and water is mixed evenly before you add it in. Turn your stove off once the sauce has thickened to your liking, it should only take a minute or 2.
A yummy korean style chilli tofu that is perfect with some multigrain rice. I hope you enjoyed this simple chilli tofu recipe with a korean twist. I love this dish, it’s super yummy and warms my tummy 🙂
Don’t forget to tag me in your cooking creations!
Make life beautiful