Melbourne is the bommmbbb, especially for cafe culture, and shopping. I used to live in Melbourne actually, when I was in primary school from pre-school to year 2 or so, but I was to young obviously to enjoy shopping, in fact our family was not very rich, I remember eating a smartie (it’s like a chocolate candy like M&M’s) from the floor cos my parents were usually not well-off enough to buy me candy hahah eww.. now that I think about it, it’s so yuck!!
The things kids do right?
Anyways, I digress.
I wasn’t originally going to buy anything in Melbourne, I full prepared a SMALL suitcase so I could avoid the temptation and I figured since it’s just the next city the stuff is going to be similar to Sydney anyways so why need to buy anything?? WRONG!!
The stock there seems different and newer and more variety and maybe it’s the actual thought of travelling that makes me want to buy things and spend money. Usually going on a plane makes my wallet itchy even though I’m the biggest cheapass back at home.
So there I was buying things, and taking advantage of the sales. I highly recommend you visit DFO in Melbourne if you ever go, which is like a factory outlet (outlet mall) for all the well known brands.
the DAISO in Melbourne also seems like 5 times bigger then the ones we have in Sydney with different stock too so I had fun in there 🙂
The list of goodies I bought are:
- Green stripe and polka dot cosmetics bag from SPORTSGIRL
- Various studded iPhone cases from SPORTSGIRL
- Lace and beige leather pouch bag from FOREVER NEW
- Deco and candle holder from DAISO
- Cosmetics accessories and hair accessories from DAISO
- Craft items from DAISO
- Persimmon leaf tea from JERKY HOUSE CHINATOWN
- Pastel blue flatbill cap from VANS
- Mint green kids flats from CONVERSE
- Deco items such as birdcage and paper lanterns from TYPO
- Various singlet tops form FACTORIE
- Pastel bandeau’s from FACTORIE
I a lot of you guys have commented about my eye makeup and I have a tutorial coming soon for this eye makeup look. I’ll work on it more when I get back from Bali 🙂
If you have been to Melbourne tell me what your FAVOURITE thing about Melbourne is, or tell which item out of my haul do you like the best :)??
Much love xx